Friday, June 5, 2009

Forget About it Friday -- Yatzi!

With a down economy, I think everyone has to watch spending right now. At least we should. However, it's important to have a life. So, we still have to find inexpensive ways to have fun with friends or family to avoid sitting at home and grunting like Harry in "When Harry Met Sally". My solution- game night. Right now, you're either in complete agreement, or you're making a face and shrinking back. I find myself in both positions from time to time. Games are one of those things that even if you hate them, you end up having fun playing before it's over. Enjoy a good card game like spaids, Rook or hearts with some folks or get a big group to play a game like Catch Pharase or The Game of Things. Forget about dinner, and just serve popcorn and soft drinks or dessert and coffee. You can't beat entertaining for under $10. If you don't have any games, you can generally find them for less online, or check the paper to see when Target or Wal-Mart are running a sale. Some of my favorite games are those I mentioned above as well as Like Minds, Apples to Apples, Cranium, Dominos, Monopoly, Canasta, Scategories and any of the Scene It games. It's always great to see how funny and revealing games can be. So, call up some folks or just enjoy time with the fam and have a game night this weekend. Had a bad week? Forget about it and play.

2 comments:

  1. Board games are definitely my fave. My front closet is stuffed with them. Scattergories is my absolute fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love game nights! However, Cranium makes me nervous - especially the "if you are an engineer you'll probably be really good at this, but if you're not - sorry, sucker!" categories.

    But Spades? Yes. Dominos? HECK YES.

    ReplyDelete