Friday, June 12, 2009

Forget About It Friday -- Movies

This is going to be short and sweet because I'm about to leave to go to a cookout, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy, fun and safe weekend and also give a shout out to my best friend whose birthday is tomorrow. There are several good movies out right now, and some sneak peaks too. Lately, I've seen, Star Trek, Up, The Hangover, Night at the Museum, and I'm going to the sneak preview of The Proposal tomorrow night. As you can tell, all of the moives I've seen lately have been really diverse, and all were good in their own way. By the way, even though "Up" is a Pixar film, it's really more for adults. It deals with some pretty heavy issues that your kids may not enjoy. "The Hangover" is really funny, but I could have done with a lot less f-bombs and all of the gd's. " Night at the Museum" is pretty cute, but not as good as the first. If you're looking for a family friendly film, this is the one I recommend. As for "Star Trek"... to say that I'm not a fan of any of the old shows is a massive understatement. The only thing I knew about it going into the movie was that there were guys named, Spock, Kirk, and Scottie. That being said. I really enjoyed the movie. It far exceeded all of my expectations. My best friend saw "My Life in Ruins" this week and said it was cute, but that the writer will never do anything as good as "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". I have high hopes for "The Proposal", and I hope the movie lives up to its' hype. Wow... not so short after all. Take a couple of hours to go enjoy a movie this weekend. I'll be back Monday. Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the shout-out! You guys made my birthday awesome, seriously. My apartment looks so cute.
    I've pretty much decided that your husband is mine, too - just in the fact that he helps me put together furniture, helps me move, hangs pictures...basically a Roadie Husband. ;-)
    Like we've always said - I'm Wife #2.

    ReplyDelete