Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday Whatabouts -- All Things Coconut


I am craving coconut. I have no idea why. I'm craving it like a pregnant woman craves pickles and ice cream. So, I'm on the prowl for any great coconut recipes that anyone may have. I don't like sweet meat, so don't bother with things like coconut shrimp or chicken. I want some recipes for some sweet treats or breakfast foods. I love things like coconut syrup too. I first became addicted to coconut syrup on my honeymoon in Hawaii. Ever since, we've been bribing people to bring us bottles of it when they come back. It's perfect with fresh berries and pancakes. My family has a secret coconut cake recipe that is hands down the best coconut cake I've ever had. It's not traditional at all. it's moist, light and not sticky like most. If anyone has any great coconut cream pie recipes, coconut bars, muffins, etc. I'm up for trying out anything anyone sends (within reason). Man... I need an Almond Joy.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard these are divine - http://bakingbites.com/2009/02/homemade-girl-scout-cookies-samoas-bars/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm CONSTANTLY craving coconut. i prefer it toasted nice and crunchy, but i’ll take it any way i can get it.
    meanwhile, i broke out my bacon grease for some cornbread, which was tough because i’m pretty stingy with the stuff. you were so right—the bread is just magnificent. it’s more rich and savory, and there’s just the slightest hint of that piggy flavor. thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete