Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday Therapy -- Are you worth it?

Are you worth it? The answer to this question says a whole lot about who we are and how we feel about ourselves in regards to so many things in life. I was watching The Biggest Loser Couples earlier in the year, and this question was asked to Kristin in regard to weight loss. Did she feel like she was worthy of being healthy? If you saw this, you’ll remember that Kristin burst into tears before saying, “Yes! I’m worth it!” I’ve read more articles about her, and she identified this moment as the turning point in her weight loss success, and her whole outlook on life. You may be in a power struggle with yourself over a wide variety of things from jobs, to relationships to health. Today, ask yourself, “Am I worth it?” If you feel like you’re not worth it, then you need to talk to someone who can really help you, because we’re all worth it, but sometimes we get these horrible views of ourselves and our self-esteem can plummet. Sometimes we do it to ourselves, but sometimes others are the main contributors. If you know you’re worth it, but aren’t acting like it, it’s time to change your ways and act like you believe it. Thoughts without action get you nowhere, but going through the motions of everyday life without the right attitude won’t get you far either. It took me a long time to figure out that I was worth it, but I know I am, and I live every day with that mindset. You’re worth it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment