Thursday, January 28, 2010

Heaven

So, I've been # 1 at not blogging lately, but I don't think anyone is crying themselves to sleep. I feel like I've had so much and nothing going on all at once which has left me completely un-motiviated.

I did try a new recipe last week that I got from my cousin, and I must say, it is going to be my new go-to recipe. It's so wonderful, that I call it "Heaven". It's technically an up-side-down German Chocolate cake, but if you try it, I think you'll see why I changed the name. This cake is rich, and moist, and so delicious, that I didn't even make the icing, and don't plan to. It's great because you don't actually invert it like a pineapple up-side-down cake. You just serve it from the dish.

I admit that as a traditional German Choclate cake lover (icing in particular), I was a bit hesitant to try this, but it far exceeded my expectations. I hope this becomes a family favorite for you as well. Enjoy your little slice of heaven on earth.


Heaven

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 pan/dish with PAM

Bottom layer

1 c Sweetened Flake Coconut
1 c Chopped pecans

Middle Layer

1 box Duncan Hines Butter Fudge cake mix (mixed according to pkg directions)

Pour this over the coconut and pecans making sure not to stir them together.

Top Layer

1 stick melted butter (I used salted)
1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese (melted)
1 lb box of Confectioner's Sugar

Mix together until smooth, and them pour on top of chocolate layer. Do not mix them together.

Bake for 40-45 minutes. Center should be slightly wiggly when cake is done. The chocolate will rise above the top layer, and you'll be able to tell that it's done around the sides.

Serve warm. Re-heat left-overs for 20 seconds in the microwave.

1 comment:

  1. You're back! You're back! I'm so happy.

    And I think I'll make Heaven this weekend, so I can snag my man. ;0)

    ReplyDelete